Wow, it’s been an amazingly awfully long time since I last updated this site. It’s a bother having the LiveJournal to keep track of friends, plus life making me write all the time.
I’m going to renew my commitment to this site, basically with an eye to using it for a craft/art blog–like there aren’t enough of them already out there. But anything I can do to help me create more (fight the Unmaker!) is good, so here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
1. painted the black background for the Pearl painting. I’ll talk some more tomorrow about what the Pearl is.
2. dug out some idea books for assemblages and collages, but I can’t find my main book of assemblage ideas, which depresses me enormously
3. made list of Calls for Papers to keep me writing, researching, and feeding my academic brain
4. plan for some fun gaming writing to work with Doc (fey, priests, and gods for gaming)
5. dig out knitting supplies to learn how to knit so I can be cool and trendy, too
6. begin new Great Work: going through all craft/art magazines and books to add projects I want to make and do to Projects Notebook list–the point of this is to have a handy reference, so I don’t forget about things I want to do.
7. rededicate myself to working on at least one of my novels (Takeshi & Earl or The Light as Terrible) and at least one of my non-fiction books (Spiritual/Secular Journaling Day-by-Day, Christian Journaling Day-by-Day, Seasonal Living, First Year Teacher’s Guide, or What We Artists Can Learn from the Masters)
8. make plans for blog entries